Welcome to the “Energy Boost” podcast episode of TheEdTalks, where you get a short episode focusing on an energizing topic and the latest research and thinking around it and any tips or goodies I can share with you. It’s perfect brain food when you only have small windows of time.
To recap, in the last Energy Boost episode number 36 I talked about one of the most important factors to feeling and looking amazing that is often overlooked by so many people and that is having meaningful PURPOSE in your life that fills your cup some way. When you have no sense of purpose in your life and nothing that you’re striving to achieve, not only does your mind know, but so does your body and apparently so do your genes according to researchers. To learn more, check out the episode here.
In this episode I tackle a topic that I’ve wanted to learn more about for a while and that is why some of us feel terrible (including flu like symptoms, fatigue, mental fog, headaches) after swimming in or even just being around indoor swimming pools. Logically it would seem that there’s something affecting our bodies in a negative and possibly damaging way and thus I also wanted to be better informed of the possible implications for our son.
So have a listen to learn what I discovered surrounding the effect of swimming pool chemicals on our health and wellbeing and what we can do to combat the negatives.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why chlorination is the most popular method for disinfecting swimming pools
- What Disinfection By Products (DBPs) are
- Why indoor chlorinated pools may not be the best thing for asthmatics
- How swimming indoors can negatively affect male hormones
- Pool chemicals that affect cells’ ability to make energy
- How to mitigate the possible harm being caused to our children from DBPs
- Specific foods and supplements that may mitigate pool chemical exposure
- Alternative pool sanitization systems to purely chlorine or bromine
- How to reduce chronic stress and feel energized.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links which help me pay the bills for The Ed Talks at no extra cost to you.
- EB36: The Life Purpose ReminderEB34: The anticancer and detox power of Broccoli SproutsNatural chlorine production in our bodyChemicals in indoor swimming pools may increase cancer risk
- Impact of chlorinated swimming pool attendance on the respiratory health of adolescents
- Swimming poll attendance and asthma link
- Can Indoor Swimming Alter Hormones in Boys?
- Health Effects from Swimming Training in Chlorinated Pools
- TCA cycle
- Oxidative Phosphorylation
- Taurine supporting the liver
- Comparisons of various pool sanitizing systems currently available (December 2017) and here
- Vitamin C neutralizes chlorine and chloramine
- Powdered wholefood Vitamin C
Help Spread the Word!
Thanks for listening to this episode of The Ed Talks. I’d love to hear from you in the comments section below or on the Facebook page.
If you haven’t already, please take a moment to leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking here. This will really aid our mission to help mums and dads Feel Energized Again and make the world a Healthier & Happier place.
Please use this AMAZON LINK when purchasing items online. It means we get a small commission (and you pay NO EXTRA) helping us pay for the podcast.