Have you ever felt a sense of being a little or perhaps very lost in your life? Well most people including myself have and in this episode of TheEdTalks I chat with psychologist Daniella Princi who shines a light on how so many factors play a role in leading us to a point in our lives where we feel this emptiness and loss of connection with ourselves. Daniella unpacks many ways we can change our trajectory and begin consciously looking after ourselves to the extent that we all deserve, or simply put, allowing time for you to re-fill your cup. As usual there’s lots to take away from this episode of TheEdTalks, from ways to better deal with teenage issues, which are massive in conditioning who our kids believe they are; to what we can do to really fill our cups again and give our lives meaningful purpose.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why teenage years are so impactful on who we become
- The importance of feeling safe and that we belong
- How the impact of life experiences, shape and mold us
- Why protecting others or ourselves can prevent open communication
- What parents can do to allow kids to openly discuss deep issues
- Why we become lost and disconnected from ourselves
- How our daily actions rewire our brain and thinking
- Why social media is playing a big role in the wiring of our brain
- The biggest influence affecting how our brain has evolved
- Why we need to have selfish selflessness
- Tools to help you connect with yourself again
- Simple ways to help you if you are really struggling with things
- Things that can help break the negative loop on difficult days
- Morning rituals that can create a positive shift in your life
- Foods that affect your mood
- How to become a better communicator and why it’s so important
- Daniella’s 3 things to help you feel more energized
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links which help me pay the bills for The Ed Talks at no extra cost to you.
- Sign up to get my Free guide to feeling more energized
- Meditation and mindfulness interview with Davidji
- Physical exercise link to mental health
- ACT Made Simple: An Easy-To-Read Primer on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Dr. Russ Harris – Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Daniella Princi Website, and Facebook pages
- TheEdTalks Free Strategy Guide for feeling more energized
- Support TheEdTalks by using this Amazon Link when buying online
Quote of the day:
“Step by step and the thing is done.”
Intro song “Lagos 2030” by Otis McDonald
Outro song “Lagos 2030” by Otis McDonald
Help Spread the Word!
Thanks for listening to this episode of TheEdTalks. What do you do to re-fill your cup? Share your thoughts with us here or on our Facebook Page.
If you haven’t already, please take a moment to leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking here. This will really aid our mission to help mums and dads Feel Energized Again and make the world a Healthier & Happier place.
Please use this AMAZON LINK when purchasing items online. It means we get a small commission (and you pay NO EXTRA) helping us pay for the podcast.