Welcome to the “Energy Boost” podcast episode of TheEdTalks, where you get a short episode focusing on an energizing topic and the latest research and thinking around it and any tips or goodies I can share with you. It’s perfect brain food when you only have small windows of time.
To recap, in the last Energy Boost episode number 35 I talked about the often brought up topic amongst bacon aficionados of added nitrates or nitrites which I was led to believe are something you should avoid because of links to cancer. Well there definitely is a link but what I didn’t know was that the link to cancer can be turned off if you consume certain types of foods with your bacon or other processed meats like sausages or smoked fish. If you want to learn what these other foods are and a whole lot more, check out the episode here.
In this episode I’m going to discuss one of the most important factors to feeling and looking amazing that is often overlooked by so many people and that is having meaningful PURPOSE in your life that fills your cup some way.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Two different types of happiness people experience
- How our genes are affected by our state of happiness
- The importance of meaningful life purpose and goals
- How to improve your immune system
- Why our brain can train us to stop achieving goals
- How to reduce chronic stress and feel energized.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links which help me pay the bills for The Ed Talks at no extra cost to you.
- EB35: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly of Nitrates and Nitrites
- Research on different happiness states and genome expression
- Eudaimonic and Hedonic Happiness
- My online Stress Free Method course
- Ep32 with meditation expert Davidji
- Ep38 Tiny Habits To A Better Life with Alexander Heyne
- Support TheEdTalks by using this Amazon Link when buying online
Help Spread the Word!
Thanks for listening to this episode of The Ed Talks. I’d love to hear from you in the comments section below or on the Facebook page.
If you haven’t already, please take a moment to leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking here. This will really aid our mission to help mums and dads Feel Energized Again and make the world a Healthier & Happier place.
Please use this AMAZON LINK when purchasing items online. It means we get a small commission (and you pay NO EXTRA) helping us pay for the podcast.