Welcome to the “Energy Boost” podcast episode of TheEdTalks, where you get a short episode focusing on an energizing topic and the latest research and thinking around it and any tips or goodies I can share with you. It’s perfect brain food when you only have small windows of time.
In the last Energy Boost episode 20 I discussed the difference between cacao and cocoa and the truly amazing energizing benefits that you can get from consuming them. But as with all things there are pros and cons which I explain in order to help you decide whether raw cacao is better for you or roasted cocoa. You can check out that episode here for more info.
In this episode of TheEdTalks I discuss an often touted energy boosting and anti aging superfood known by many names including the nick name “happy berry” but popularised with the name Goji berry. Extremely nutritious with loads of vitamins and minerals and important antioxidants these berries are a a real little powerhouse when it comes to mental and physical energy with lots of beneficial claims from being an anti-ageing food to improving vision, helping to fight cancer and assisting with infertility issues. There are definitely some possible side effects however that need to be discussed with your healthcare practitioner before you start consuming Goji berries.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The difference between a Goji berry and Wolfberry
- Why Goji berries are thought to be an anti ageing food
- How they can reduce stress and improve energy
- The role they play in immunity and cancer prevention and treatment
- How Goji berries can improve your vision and assist with infertility issues
- Why pregnant and breast feeding women should avoid Goji berries
- Other side effects and negatives associated with Goji berries
- How to source cheaper Goji berries
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- EB20 Raw Cacao, Cocoa, Chocolate – What’s Best?
- Tibetan Goji Berries are not Chinese Wolfberries
- Nutritional profile of Goji berries and more info here
- Goji berry benefits
- Vitamin A and longevity
- General effects of a standardized Lycium barbarum (Goji) Juice, GoChi
- Lycium barbarum polysaccharides and its anti-fatigue effect
- Regression of cancer and an increase in natural killer cell activity
- Polysaccharide benefits of Goji berries
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin: Eye and Vision Benefits
- Goji berries and improved vision
- Goji berries and eye health
- Goji berry effects on macular characteristics and plasma antioxidant levels
- Goji berry and fertility and more info here
- Goji berry and dangers during pregnancy or whilst breast feeding
- FDA report on Goji berry (Wolfberry) pesticide residue
- 3 tips to start the day with more energy.
Help Spread the Word!
Thanks for listening to this episode of The Ed Talks. I’d love to hear from you in the comments section below or on the Facebook page.
If you haven’t already, please take a moment to leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking here. This will really aid our mission to help mums and dads Feel Energized Again and make the world a Healthier & Happier place.
Please use this AMAZON LINK when purchasing items online. It means we get a small commission (and you pay NO EXTRA) helping us pay for the podcast.