This episode is brought to you by audible.com Get Your FREE Audio Book
Welcome to the “Weekly Energy Boost” (WEB) podcast episode of The Ed Talks, where you get a short 5 to 10 minute episode focusing on an energizing topic and the latest research and thinking around it and any tips or goodies I can share with you. It’s perfect brain food when you only have small windows of time.
So far in this WEB episode series (check out Part1 & Part2) of “Is Organic Food Better For You” we’ve looked at the definition of what certified organic means, how to identify a product that is truly certified organic when shopping and that when it comes to overall nutritional value, freshly picked organic fruits and vegies are better for you than non organic because of the increased quantities of antioxidants that you’ll be consuming.
So now in Part3 of the series, we’re going to look at “What are the risks associated with non organic food” because the risks are what can potentially have the biggest effect on our energy levels and overall wellbeing.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How organic compares to non-organic when looking at concentrations of the toxic heavy metal cadmium
- Why cadmium is such a concern for our health
- The incredible reduction in pesticide residue in people’s urine that results from eating organic produce for a week
- How the exposure to pesticide residue in foods impacts our health
- How organic chicken and pork reduces your exposure to antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- Which type of milk children should drink to possibly reduce their eczema.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Cadmium levels significantly lower in organic fruits and vegetables: Full Paper, Overview
- Cadmium and possible implications for Alzheimer’s, Thyroid and Cardiovascular diseases and Endocrine (hormonal) System function
- Non organic crops have 4 times more residue of pesticides
- Eating an organic diet for a week can cause pesticide levels to drop by almost 90% in adults
- The exposure to pesticide residue in foods and how it impacts human health (especially children and mothers): Report, Article
- Organic chicken and pork reduces exposure to antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- Children consuming organic milk and milk products have a 36% reduction in risk of having the allergic skin disorder eczema
- Audible Free Trial for TheEdTalks listeners!
Links to the other Parts in this series
Help Spread the Word!
Thanks for listening to this episode of The Ed Talks. If you haven’t already, please take a moment to leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking here. This will really aid our mission to help mums and dads feel Energized again and make the world a Healthier & Happier place.