This episode is brought to you by audible.com Get Your FREE Audio Book
Welcome to the “Energy Boost” podcast episode of TheEdTalks, where you get a short episode focusing on an energizing topic and the latest research and thinking around it and any tips or goodies I can share with you. It’s perfect brain food when you only have small windows of time.
In this episode of TheEdTalks we continue along a little series on superfoods. In the last Energy Boost episode 15 we discussed the so called superfood cordycep mushrooms. Theses crazy looking mushrooms that grow out of caterpillars look like something created for a science fiction movie, but many health experts swear that they deliver a pack full of significant benefits worthy of trying. You can check out that episode here.
In today’s episode I’m going to discuss coconut oil, a food that has lots of amazing benefits worthy of the term superfood but there are also some dangers to be aware of before you start having an all out coconut oil frenzy.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- 10 key reasons why coconut oil can be beneficial for you
- How it can increase your energy and possibly help with weight loss and thyroid issues
- How it can help us against serious infections and greatly assist children with epilepsy
- Why it is a great anti ageing/beauty product
- How it may play a role in brain and gut health
- Why you should consider using it as a cooking oil
- Dangers to be aware of before consuming coconut oil on a regular basis.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- EB15: Cordyceps Superfood Or Alien?
- Saturated fats and increase of cholesterol enriched LDL
- Lauric acid effect on increasing HDL cholesterol
- Coconut oil and weight loss
- MCTs and obesity
- Satiety effect of coconut oil
- Coconut oil and visceral fat reduction
- Coconut oil and belly fat reduction in women, and male study here
- Coconut oil and golden staph
- Coconut oil and candida, another study here
- Coconut oil and epilepsy, another study here
- Coconut oil skin, hair, oil pulling (oral health) benefits
- The effect of MCTs on Alzheimer’s disease
- Antistress and antioxidant effects of virgin coconut oil
- MCTs and colitis
- IBS and coconut oil
- Adverse effects of antibiotics reduced with coconut oil
- Effect of consumption of fresh and heated virgin coconut oil on blood pressure and inflammatory biomarkers
- Importance of consuming fibre with coconut oil
- List of various studies on coconut oil
- Audible Free Trial for TheEdTalks listeners!
Help Spread the Word!
Thanks for listening to this episode of TheEdTalks. Give me your rundown on coconut oil. Have you noticed benefits in using it or perhaps like what has happened to a friend on mine, her child has suddenly become allergic to it after a year of use. Leave a comment below or on our Facebook page.
If you haven’t already, please take a moment to leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking here. This will really aid our mission to help mums and dads Feel Energized Again and make the world a Healthier & Happier place.
Please use this AMAZON LINK when purchasing items online. It means we get a small commission (and you pay NO EXTRA) helping us pay for the podcast.