In this episode of TheEdTalks I chat with Tim Laskis, who holds a doctorate in clinical psychology as well as being an author, amongst many other achievements. In this talk we discuss the often ignored importance of teaching kids various ways of how to study, as well as what parents can do to keep their cool in stressful situations drawing from Tim’s personal and professional experiences with elite athletes to prisoners facing lifetime sentences. Tim also details a simple framework for helping time poor people discover their passion. There’s lots to learn in this episode of TheEdTalks!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How to help your kids overcome low self esteem
- Techniques to study and learn effectively
- How to get yourself out of a funk
- Methods for connecting with your kids on a deeper and meaningful level
- Stress reduction techniques used with elite athletes that anyone can utilize
- How to cope with the busyness of life and parenting
- How to better manage child behavioral issues in public
- Strategies for overcoming negative thoughts
- A simple framework to uncover / enjoy your passion
- Some simple ways that Tim suggests to help you feel more energized.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links which help me pay the bills for The Ed Talks at no extra cost to you.
- Physical exercise link to mental health
- Exercise and endorphin, serotonin and dopamine release
- Belly Breathing technique
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Freudian analysis
- Integral Theory (Ken Wilbur) books and audio books
- Deepak Chopra healing and meditation books
- Finding Your Costa Rica : 5 Powerful Steps to Personal, Professional and Financial Success by Timothy Laskis
- Tim Laskis Website, Podcast, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube pages
- TheEdTalks Free Strategy Guide for feeling more energized
- Support TheEdTalks by using this Amazon Link when buying online
Quote of the day:
“Setting goals is the first step in turning invisible to visible.”
Intro song “Bitters at the saloon” by Bird Creek
Outro song “Bitters at the saloon” by Bird Creek
Help Spread the Word!
Thanks for listening to this episode of The Ed Talks. How have you overcome negativity? Share your thoughts with us here or on our Facebook Page.
If you haven’t already, please take a moment to leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking here. This will really aid our mission to help mums and dads Feel Energized Again and make the world a Healthier & Happier place.
Please use this AMAZON LINK when purchasing items online. It means we get a small commission (and you pay NO EXTRA) helping us pay for the podcast.